Manousheh Flatbread with Za’atar & Arugula
By Andrea Ryan, Damoori Kitchen
- Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup Za’atar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out pizza dough until it is 1/8 inch thick.
- Mix Za’atar & Olive Oil until a paste is formed.
- Spread the Za’atar and oil mixture on the dough.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes.
- Top with fresh arugula.
15 Minute Manoushe
By Devra Gartenstein
Try this simple, versatile, filling Lebanese street food as a snack with just the basics, or pile it up with toppings for a full meal deal.
- 1 ball pizza dough (The Grange)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (Equal Exchange)
- 1 cup labneh (Damoori Kitchen)
- 1/4 cup z’aatar (Damoori Kitchen)
Preheat your oven to 425F. Roll out the pizza dough to about half and inch thick and brush with olive oil (see note below). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned, then remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes. Spread the labneh in a thin layer over the cooked dough and sprinkle the z’aatar on top. Cut in 6 or 8 wedges, like pizza.
It will be wonderful just like this, but if you want to riff on the original recipe, try any (or all) of these additional toppings:
- lamb cooked with onion, garlic, and z’aatar
- arugula or salad greens
- spring onions
- fresh mint
Pizza dough hint: When you first take it out of the fridge, the dough will be tight and rubbery. Roll it out part way, let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes to warm up and relax, and then roll it out the rest of the way.